Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Feasting my eyes on this. . .

                                                                                                                                     

Look what I found listed on the Grateful American Kids website among the "Best History Books for Kids to Read": my first historical novel for young readers, The Riddle of Penncroft Farm! I am happy to say I recently discovered that many schools in the U.S. are still using this book as an enrichment resource for studying the American Revolution. (In fact, I've been FaceTiming with kids in Tennessee and Pennsylvania, which has been great fun.)

Grateful American Kids is an offshoot of the Grateful American Foundation, which is dedicated to getting kids interesting in learning about the history of our country. Here is the website. (There are always lots of interesting things on there about fascinating historical details.)

I am particularly delighted by this, as my new novel for middle schoolers, A Buss from Lafayette, is also included in this list. (See below.)

Hooray for Lars, Geordie, Sandy, Clara, and Dickon! (Not to mention David Bruce Smith, who started the Grateful American Foundation.)


No comments:

Post a Comment